Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2009-03-25

RE: Pelvic pain

I went to my GP - saw a partner as she is in surgery today. She said it cannot be appedicitis as it is usually more acute. I did go for a scan. Nothing was found except some fluid in the right lower pelvic area. No inflammation of the appendix was noted, yet they did not want to exclude appenicitis.

I still have this pain and back ache. The doc perscribed myprodol. Do you agree witht this?

Thank you - below is a copy of my original post

Doc, I had a hysterectomy 18months ago (still have ovaries) for the last six weeks I have had pelvic pain. It started at my belly button then moved to the right lower side. It almost felt like ovulation pain. It comes and goes and it is not very painful, but certainly uncomfortable. Now my left side is sore as well and my lower back. My urine does not smell or burn and I am not at all constipated. Whatever it is is not clearing. Do you have any ideas and do I need to see my GP or gynie.

Hallo BMJ
Did they do a blood test to see if your white cell count is increased? Fluid in the lower pelvic area could be an indication of inflammation in the pelvic area, but can also happen with ovulation ( which can still happen in your case as you still have your ovaries).
If it is not better by tomorrow, maybe give your GP a call for a second look