Posted by: Carry | 2012-11-18

Re-occuring bladder infections

Good day :)
I have always suffered from re-occurring bladder infections, a few years back i was on Macrodantin - which worked wonders, but i stopped as it influence the effectiveness of the pill.

since i have found out that Deblaston is also available, but i am not sure will influence my pill? (I am on Diane)
Thank you for the help :)

The question that needs to be addressed is why you are experiencing recurring bladder infections. Have you consulted an urologist for a possible cystoscopy? Unfortunately, Deblaston will influence the effectiveness of your oral contraceptive. I therefore, strongly suggest that you consult an urologist to investigate your chronic infections if you have not yet consulted a specialist.

Posted by: anxious | 2012-11-22

how do you know for sure that they are all recurring infections, i.e. is each urine sample sent to a lab for full analysis? Only when urine samples are sent to a lab for testing can doctors confirm that an infection is present, and this result is only confirmed if the lab culture the sample, i.e. they do MC& S testing on urine samples and if they culture the sample, this is a positive infection result. You would then need antibiotic treatment and another of the tests that are done is what''s called a sensitivity test to see which antibiotics are resistant/sensitive to your type of infection if the results are positive. If you do in fact have more than 5 lab positive results for infection, as Doc says, you should probably see a urologist for further investigation.
MC& S = microscopy, culture &  sensitivity test
Believe me, I know all about the above, I have chrnoic kidney problems and know all there is to know (well most of it anyway!) about bladder/kidney infections!

Reply to anxious