Posted by: Sizwe | 2009-03-20

Re-occurence abscesses...

Last night I went to a doctor, concerning an abscess that I have on my left armpit. Because of the size of the thing she had to drain it, which meant cutting it open. It was about 50cm long, shaped like a rugby ball - 20cm at its widest and extended about 15cm from the body.

It concerns me that these abscesses just keep on coming back as this one is the third I' ve had in 3 months. And this does not take into account the 4 I had on the last half of 2008 which were all in either the left or right armpit. One of the 3 that I' ve had from this year was on my back ( very small though ), and the other was on my leg - but these two at least I could ignore even though the one on the leg was big and hurt.

I just wan to know what' s going on. I' ve read some websites and are suggestive the immune system being weak and hence being more vulnerable to them. If so, where can I confirm this and what do I do from now on???

I strongly suggest that you consult your doctor for a full examination, as well as blood tests, to test your immunity to infections. He/she can also prescribe a three month course of Minocyclin (oral anti-biotic).

Kind regards