Question
Posted by: Mike | 2008/06/24

RE: No 1962 Feeling overwhelmed

Hi Doc,

I have no idea....I have tried talking to my family but there is nothing that I can particularly pin point. I know this might be strange. Cause if I knew the cause, I could somehow control it.

I don't experience this feeling everyday...however, I find that the episodes are now becoming more frequent in nature.

Just out of the box? Can smoking aggravate this? behaviour?

Dear Mike
This can be caused by traumatic experiences, high stress, but it is also something that can run in a family and be caused by imbalances of brain hormones. Smoking won’t really aggravate this.
If you are talking about feeling “overwhelmed” it could also be depression which is caused by neurotransmitter imbalances in the brain. You can do some self testing on this website to get a better idea: http://drhansdreyer.com/questionnaire.php
Do the depression and mood disorder ones.

4
Posted by: Anneke | 2009/03/24

I' m a 31 year old female. I sometimes suffer from extreme fatigue, mood swings, feeling depressed and have very low libido.
What exactly are neurotrasmitter imbalances?
How do I get tested, and what is the treatment?

Reply to Anneke
Posted by: CD again | 2008/06/25

Hi Mike
If you tested positive for mild depression try St Johns wort ( I like the Ultima product which is only once a day). Try taking Biral regularly 3 times a day for a few weeks and not only when you feel stressed. An Antihistamine which is not addictive that helps for acute anxiety and panic is Aterax but you may need a prescription for this. If this is still not helping, consider taking a SSRI antidepressant like Aropax which is also indicated for anxiety and panic attacks and which is not addictive as one can wean a patient off it in a few weeks without any dependency side effects. Hope this helps! Dr Bets

Reply to CD again
Posted by: Mike | 2008/06/25

Hi Doc,

Many thanks for your help. I did the questinaire, and suggested mild depression but no mood disorder, also panic anxiety.

What do you suggest the best possible treatment to seek. I don't however, want to do the pill thing, as these tend to be addictive and the side effects are hectic. Can i perhaps seek Homeopathy treatment instead.

Many thanks once again.

Reply to Mike
Posted by: Mick | 2008/06/24

I have too have for a long time been experiencing constant tension headaches....everyday...and I think to a point this is annoying me.. the fact that I constantly feel sick..and have to push myself through the day to make it.

I have been to numerous doctors.and none have helped.

Reply to Mick