Question
Posted by: NB | 2010-04-21

Re: Need to loose weight

Good day, i have a problem with my weight and currently i weigh 68,5kg and my height is 1.58. I have decided once again to start eating healthy and cut out most of the fat i consume. I don''t eat large portions but i gain weight easily when i decided to indulge myself and i don''t do that quite often. I am a gym member but i get active and then become stressed when i don''t see results and i work odd hours which makes it difficult for me to attend religiously. I would like to know what can i do to loose weight without having to go to the gym, what types of foods to add to the vegetable intake and how much do i have to loose according to healthy weight, i really wanted to loose at least 10kg, pls advice as i''m really desperate and most of my clothes don''t fit anymore. I''ve gained a lot of weight around my thighs and stomach.

Dear NB
Your current BMI = 27,4 which is above the upper level of normal. To get back into the normal range you should weigh 60 kg. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise for 30 or more minutes a day. Exercise that does not require attending a gym includes brisk walking, running or jogging, skipping (one of the best options because you can do it at any time and anywhere), cycling, or swimming.
Good luck with the new regimen

2
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2010-04-21

Have u thought of joining WL? It is excellent. I lost 10kgs on WL.

Reply to Tinkerbell
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-04-21

Dear NB
Good luck with the new regimen