Posted by: Brown Eyes | 2009-03-31

Re: Mother treats me like Shit

Hi All, i wonder if some of you can relate and possibly give me some idea on how to deal with this situation. Whatever i do for my mother is never right. I am 29 years old and i look after them. I don' t have a boyfriend and i am not allowed friends over to the house although i pay the rent put the food on the table and pay for water and lights and every other thing. They go out several days a week to a casino and spend money yet when i want to go out my mother always feigns a sickness and my dad just curses me. I have tried to committ suicide i have slashed my arms with blades yet they keep on. On the weekend my mom and i had another fight and she threatened to gorge my eyes out with a screwdriver and slapped me through my face infront of my dad and gran. I just got up and walked away. She looks for fights with me all the time. I work and study. If i sit for a minute then she wants to start cleaning the house if i do something for myself then she wants to start doing something else. She said the other day that i have driven her mad because i am white but date indian guys and that is driving her mad, so i told her to deal with it because it ain' t going to change any time soon. Although even if i bring a guy home just to fetch me she comes out and checks and she kinda scares them away. I have met several guys but after they come in they never come back again, because she wants to be in the limelight all the time..

What should i do..

You're 29 and should be independent. IF your mother, or anyone else, doesn't appreciate what you do for them --- stop doing it. Get your own place, and leave them to please themselves

Posted by: Kit | 2009-04-01

Yeah I would say its time to move out.. we are often told that we should look after our parents as they looked after you .. and it is a good gesture if you can afford it to help them pm with a little when you stay on your own ..but to get abused like this .. nope no good for you or them in the long run..

Reply to Kit
Posted by: Kelly | 2009-03-31

Why is it that you never got a place of your own?

Reply to Kelly
Posted by: Soul | 2009-03-31

Maybe you should consider getting a place of your own and move out. If they have money to go to the casino then they have money to support themselves. Don' t allow them to treat you so badly. You need to do something of this will never end for you, maybe in time once you' ve moved if you do they will appreciate everything you did for them.

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Cameron | 2009-03-31

Ag come now! set some boundaries, you are acting like a baby! Get a back bone! sorry to sound so harsh. its common sense!

Reply to Cameron
Posted by: thuli | 2009-03-31

just leave girl.
you are not the only one. there are alot of us that come from such homes. your selfesteem will mjust get lower and lower if you stay.
move on

Reply to thuli
Posted by: ME | 2009-03-31

Brown Eyes, stand up for urself. Mother or not, tell her u wont allow any bad treatment from now on. Tell her in her face u r done taking her crab. Too many parents hide behind the fact that they r ur parents and needs to treated as such. Bull man. U have rights to. Give her a mouthful and see how see reacts. She is just dominating u. STOP it right this minute. If she wants to smack u, smack her of her feet, u r 29, not a kid anymore. Start to create fear in her life.

Reply to ME
Posted by: sandy | 2009-03-31

YIP! i agree with Anon. if you were so bitterly unhappy you would do something about it. Obviously money is not an issue, so move out into your own place and live your OWN life! At 29 you shouldnt be allowing your parents to dictate to you! Just remember that they are still your parents!

Reply to sandy
Posted by: Anon | 2009-03-31

O come on!!!! Move out if you so unhappy!!!!! People treat you the way you allow them to treat you!
Get a life and move on!