Question
Posted by: Missy | 2010/04/16

Re: Moods

I have terrible mood swings. I am currently on medicine for depression and have been for quite some times. Some days i feel i am going mad in my head and it wants to burst. I get so angry that i can kill anybody in front of me. I also try and find fault with everybody including myself. I then persue arguments and fights and even fight with my boyfriend. Although after a week i have told him to catch the highway as well, I am 30 years old and it just feels that nobody is right. I always look for the finer detail in people and will dig till i find something. I feel i am going mad on the inside but nobody understands me at all.
Can somebody please help me.. Somedays i drive and i am in rage and i don''t know how i get home because when i look i am there and i don''t remember ever taking that road. I also suffer from loneliness as my parents live with me and they won''t allow any friends over because they are still racist.

I wonder who's currently treating you. If its a GP, this may be the sort of situation in which it would be useful to see a good local psychiatrist,, for a review of the diagnosis and tratment. Psychotherapy, especially of the CBT type, can help with the irritability and anger control issues, and the concerns about being understood.
The problems with the loneliness - couldn't you get involved in outside activities, with church groups, charities, and so on - which they should see a worthwhile, but which would actually enable you to make a wider range of friends ?

1