Posted by: visitor | 2009-10-27

Do any of you believe that one can get re-married after divorce, I mean to the same person. The divorce was a mistake and we decided to get re-married. I was the guilty one. He does or says things that he knows will hurt me things and then says now you know how I felt, but this is already a couple of years on. Do you think he will eventually stop trying to hurt me (he says he does / says these things in the heat of the moment!). Do you think that a re-marriage can work. I really really want it to I love him very very much. Any advice please

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hello visitor,

I cannot know what is right or wrong for you. Only you can know this.
What I can tell you though is that everything is a process and we learn though this process.
There are no guarantees in life but if you feel that you need to get back together with your ex spouse can only mean that your learning in this relationship is not over. Maybe the relationship will flourish from the chance of a new beginning or will soon end again but with a clearer insight that it really wasn't meant to be.
Follow your heart and whatever decision you make be assured that it is aligned with your needs and beliefs and know that there are no failures in life, only learning experiences.