Question
Posted by: Chaan | 2010/03/24

RE: MAINTENANCE FROM MY EX WHO HAS NOW LOST HIS JOB

I have a garnishing order on my ex husband salary and he was fired from his job on the 5th of march 2010 what i would like to know is does the company have to still pay him for the month of March and do you think i will still get maintenace from the last salary. He was not fired for anything bad.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

It all depends what the reason for the termination of his services were and whether his employment contract was terminated on notice. If terminated on notice the company will have to deduct in terms of the garnishee order and pay over to you.

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/03/27

Reply to family law expert