Question
Posted by: nono | 2010/06/02

RE: IVF

I did the embryo transfer in january and was not successful. We are now busy with the fresh round of IVF currently. I am taking medication and I am going for review on Friday. I am worried that it might not work but my doctor said the success rate with the fresh cycle is higher than frozen embroys. Just need to know if there is something that I can do to increase my chances.

Dear Nono

Unfortunately each time you do an IVF cycle you are faced with the same probabilities. However certain problems that may have been encounted in the first fresh cycle may be adjusted for and therefore your success rate in subsequent cycles tend to be somewhat higher.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

4
Posted by: Wayne | 2010/07/07

It would not be successful if the embryo doesn''t implant in the womb which happens about 5/6 days after transfer.

Reply to Wayne
Posted by: Wayne | 2010/06/14

My wife and I are planning our first IVF treatment soon...We''ve heard about the success rate being 30%...What are the reasons for it NOT being successfull if fertalisation takes place outside the womb first?

Reply to Wayne
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/06/14

Dear Nono

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: A | 2010/06/02

Hi. Are you taking vitamins and folic acid and your hubby Staminogro and folic acid? There is not much else i don''t think that you can do (I''ve also been through it), except take it easy for the first few days after embryo transfer.

Reply to A