Question
Posted by: Mo Mosh | 2011/01/24

Re: Itchy throat

Good day

Ive been experiencing itchy throat for the last two to three weeks. There are time it’ s so itchy its unbearable i takes a few minutes to clear. The one night my throat out of the blue became sore and was red. Luckily i had Andolex C and i sprayed it directly on my throat. I went to the doctor she gave me nasal spray and anti biotics ( three anti biotics in a pack). Im also taking deselect for my hay fever. I still don’ t see any improvement after a week on medication. The itchiness is slowly coming back. I was diagnosed with pharyngitis before but she said it could be some allergy or infection. What could be the problem. My throat is also bumpy and i occasionally have tonsils stones. My tonsils where not removed, i still have them.Please advise.

Expert ImageSinus Expert

Itchy throat is mainly caused by allergy, usually hayfever and occasionally food allergies. The deselex is supposed to help for hayfever but can if taken for an extended period loose its effectiveness. I would try a different antihistamin. Tonsillitis will ot give itchiness.

2
Posted by: Sinus Expert | 2011/01/27

Reply to Sinus Expert
Posted by: mndeni | 2011/01/25

Hi I have been experincing somethimg that is very wrong with me underneat my tongue it itches in an unbearable way and my four year old son is always having swollen eyes and he likes scrathing them all the time especially at night what can we do please help .

Reply to mndeni