Question
Posted by: grace | 2008/08/22

RE : Is it strange

To answer your question -
He wants me to find someone who will love me in the way I deserve and he needs to sort through his feelings without feeling guilty for / responsible to me &  my feelings. We have been living like best friends for most of our relatonship and especially the last few months. He did not want to be intimate with me at all and I ended up hurt &  confused and wondering if it was the same problem coming up again, so our relationship was lacking trust and now that everything' s out in the open, it seems we' re closer than ever and it' s like we' ve somehow been freed. (Especially for him - having had to deal with this for most of his life)

My concern is with how often people use the "I've got issues" excuse, like a Get Out of Jail Free" card in a game of Monopoly, without actually seeing a counsellor or otherwise meaningfully taking steps likely to be effective, to deal with such issues.