Question
Posted by: NB | 2010/05/11

Re: Insomnia

I have this problem when it comes to sleeping, it takes me an hour or more to fall asleep, i become anxious, my mind wonders and thinks about everything that is important and some that don''t even matter and i sleep even less, should some thing wake me when i''ve fallen asleep, then its hours before i fall back to sleep and i wake up very tired. I have been working shifts for 3 years but its happening quiet often this year and am worried, pls advice

Expert ImageSleep Expert

About one in 3 people who work shifts will develop a severe disorder in about 3 years, so you are spot on!

What you seem to be describing is an anxiety problem. Anxiety is the best thing to keep you awake. However, the shift work may also be playing an important role in the problem.

You are going to need help from someone who understands sleep disorders, as there may be more than one factor playing a role.

3
Posted by: Nazley Sardien | 2010/05/17

Going through menopause and have a problem sleeping at night.

Reply to Nazley Sardien
Posted by: ina | 2010/05/14

Please describe the term insomnia - i also battle to get enough sleep and always analysing the day , my life etc. - i am using anti depession tablets

Reply to ina
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/05/12

Reply to Sleep expert