Posted by: Orline | 2009-09-28

Re-infection flu?

I recently had the flu (felt was if I was seriously going to die), had Tamiflu and 3 courses of antibiotics. Took me a while to feel even human again - almost 5 weeks. Felt good this weekend.

My mom who stays with me came down with a mild case of the flu last Friday. She is on Ciprobray.

Today I am starting to feel sick again - mostly dizzy with sinus. No body pain or burning chest (Yet, touch wood)!

Can you be re-infected with flu? (Pardon my ignorance I last had it 22 years ago when I was 21) and can Tamiflu be prescribed again in this unfortunate event.

Also, is it a good idea to have the flu injection? I am Asthmatic. I never had the injection, then I had it one year and was endlessly sick that year with colds and bronchitis but not flu as such.

You can be re-infected with the flu virus and being asthmatic, you are at high risk and the flu injection will be a good preventative measure.