Posted by: anon | 2009-09-25

RE: I want to be beautiful

I do suffer from anxiety and depression, and I have had therapy for my issues. I also was bulemic. I lost a lot of weight and 2 years later I have gained the weight again and when I look in the mirror I disgust myself. I feel sick at my appreance. I dont want to be bulemic again but I am in such a state of mind. I feel like nothing is okay in my life and I need something to make me happy again. I feel physically ill at my appearance. I have a boyfriend who loves me and thinks Im sexy but I dont see it at all. Yes, i did mean I am 25 years old and weigh 65kg. I am 1.57m tall. I know I will always be at wits end if I dont lose some weight. I have such anxiety I cant handle it. I am cilift. But this weight issue hasnt been able to go away nomatter the therapy or drugs.

AHA ! Feeling so sure you need to lose weight when others don't think so, could be the bulimia raising its nasty head again. You sound so bulemic. Losing weight will NOT re-assure you, because you will remain anxious, and feel convinced that just a bit more weight loss will let you feel fine. And it won't. YOu have a bf who finds you attractive and sexy, but you're not prepared to believe him.
You need CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) and a revision of whatever treatment you have been receiving for anxiety and depression. If you've been treated by a GP, it's time to see a psychiatrist, if by a psychiatrist, its important to discuss all these issues with him / her.

When I check those weight-height charts, I find my weight is entirely normal, I'm just about 2 metres too short.