Question
Posted by: Peter | 2010/08/06

RE: I got this odd horrible feeling behind my right eye

I have been diagnosed by my GP with Trigeminal Neuralgia. However I do not know if it is this. I get this horrible pain behind my right eye and in my right ear and it feels as if I have to pull my neck muscle up all the time because it feels itchy down my neck. It actually feels as if my eye is being pulled down towards my ear. I cannot afford to come to the headache clinic but I am pretty sure this is nerve damage caused by psychiatric medication. I am in a mess because I cannot sleep because of the discomfort. I do not know who to go to as the nerve pain and WEIRD sensations are too much to handle. I better go to a mental hospital

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Peter,

It certainly does not sound like trigeminal neuralgis. If you can't afford private treatment, then your best bet is to go to the nearest hospital that has a Maxillo-facial Surgery Dept. If you are in Johannesburg, then call the Johannesburg Hospital, and I am sure they will be able to help.

1
Posted by: Headache expert | 2010/08/07

Dear Peter,

Reply to Headache expert