Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2011/03/17

Re Hypnosis

Sorry, I did not explain myself properly. He is a Clinical Psychologist with a PhD. He offers a Life Coaching as part of his family/marriage couseling. He is treating both my husband and I and also us together. He was head of a university unit. So his qualitfications are beyond scrutiny.

OK, I'm relieved to hear that -a PhD clinical psychologist ought to be competent to use hypnosis as PART of a treatment plan. I'm surprised that someone with such qualifications, with all the serious mental health needs in our country, would want to also be considered a life coach. I would have expected him to discuss in detail with you, before recommending hypnosis, exactly what it would entail in whatever way he uses it, and he should still do so at your first session, and should then ask for and deal with any concerns you may have

1