Question
Posted by: Chubby Girl. | 2009-07-20

Re: How do i keep him

I have finally found the man of my dreams. Tall dark and handsome. I had first met him 14 years ago at a competition and i was an admirer and got his autograph and all that. I never thought much of it back then when i was 15. But he was absolutely divine looking, he had broad shoulders and was tall and masculine everything that i could want in a guy, but obviously i was too young and he would never go out with me then. However God Willingly i bumped into this man again when i was working at the Bank 2 years ago, he worked in the same department as me except one floor down. Imagine my happiness when i saw him, but to my dismay the day i eventually saw him was the day he was leaving the bank. I was devastated as i thought here was my 1st chance of being with him possibly. I was much older and prettier and he was more attractive. But it was his last day so we exchanged numbers and kept in touch. We never really went out much except for 3 coffee dates. He always told me that i am the one for him but in a relationship he wants stability. All i ever wanted in a guy is somebody that loves me and cares for me. I am independant and so is he. God this man is wonderful. So we kept in touch in the meantime he was married although he told me that he was divorced. Anyway he was still married and said one he gets a divorce he will be mine. This lovely guy of mine is wonderful he has everything of his own. So about 8 months ago i moved to midrand and my parents are living with me. He came to visit and met my mom. She greeted him liked him but didn' t think much of it although she could see i was smitten with him.. However i never saw him again for 5 months although we kept in contact. 2 Weeks ago i received an sms from him saying that he is moving to a block of townhouse that is 2 km away from me and that he is happy there now. He is on his own and divorced. I was over the moon. Anyway we said we would get together but last weekend was chaotic so he didnt see me. However yesterday he phoned me up and asked me to go House content shopping with him, i was ecstatic. We went out he let me shop what i think he needed for his house and we had lovely lunch together, whereafter we went back to his place and i sorted the sheets and bed out for him. Anyway he made me feel special and said that this would be our little place. However we needed to leave because he had to go to him mom to sort out some family issues, he dropped me at home gave me a kiss and said the next time i am going with to his mom so that he can introduce her to her new daughter in law. Ok so my question is How do i not mess this up? Its like a dream come true after so many years i mean this normally only happens in movies. Please any advice on how to keep the flame going and not to mess up. I tend to get irritated quickly and i end things but i don' t want to do this here i want it to last....

I don't do love questions, but I'm sure other readers should have helpful comments to add.
Am I understanding correctly --- he told you that you were the only one for him, then married someone else, and lied to you about it, and somehow this leaves him still marvellous and desirable ? Then, apparently after a fairly short marriage, he got divorced, and took you to buy bedclothes and is now talking marriage again, and you trust him totally ? Despite all the previous lies, you're convinced verything now is the truth ?

1
Posted by: C | 2009-07-20

Ever heard the saying LOVE IS BLIND ? I think that is applicable to your situation.

Reply to C