Posted by: fowzia | 2009-02-02

Re: Herbalife

Dear Doc

Could u pls advice me on this herbalife products as Im using these products to lose weight My weight is 76kg and my height is 155m so to my knowledge my BMI is 32 which is obese. Ive been on the protein shakes now for 2weeks and I dont see any difference on the scale but I do notice the difference when I measure myself in the morning, I do have one healthy meal at evening at about 8pm

I take about 4 protein shakes for the day and I drink 2lt of water and snack on fruits and crackers (fat free). Will I see a difference on the scale or should' nt that worry me. Am I doing fine. Pls reply soonest.

thank you

Dear Fowzia
I agree that your present BMI = 31,7 which is in the obese range. Are you sure that you are not taking too many of these shakes? Are you not supposed to take 1 shake in place of one meal? If this is the case then the shake (and added skim milk if this is required) should not provide more energy than 2100 kJ (i.e. the energy content for one main meal if you are trying to lose weight). If a serving of the shake provides more than this amount of energy and you are having 4 instead of 2 shakes per day then this could account for the fact that you have not lost kgs. Also make sure that you do not eat too much fruit and crackers, because all foods can potentially cause weight gain even if they are healthy and low in fat. The fact that your measurements are shrinking is a good sign, so check your total energy intake for the day (it should not be more than 6300 kJ per day) and if possible start doing some light exercise like going for a walk every day.

Posted by: fowzia | 2009-02-03

Hi Distributor

I forgot to mention that I eat fruits like apples and mango and peaches and I also drink my 2litres of water for the day and do my excercise (skipping, dancing). I also snack on herbalife protein bars 1 or 2 a day.

Pls advice

Reply to fowzia
Posted by: fozy (fowzia) | 2009-02-03

Hi Distributor

Thanks for advice, When I started with herbalife my distributor told me that I should have my normal 2 shakes as meal replacements and a healthy meal for dinner, I also take my 2 fibre and herb tablets and 1 multivitamin 3 x a day and thermojetic tea at 11am and then again at 3pm. Then 2 wks went pass and I felt very depressed and I told her that Im not losing any weight. Then one of her friends also a distributor told me to increase my shakes by 2, she said my body is not getting enough protein. Well its a months now and the scale still didnt move, but I do however see my measurements are getting less. Is that a good sign. Could you pls tell me why Im taking so long to lose weight. I would really appreciate it alot if I could have your help and support. My cell no is 0768963067. Pls call me would love to hear from you.

Reply to fozy (fowzia)
Posted by: Distributor | 2009-02-03

You are supposed to have on shake as breakfast and one shake as lunch (why do you drink 4 shake)

Reply to Distributor
Posted by: fozy | 2009-02-02

Hi Tanya

Thanks a lot for the reply I really appreciate it.

Have a nice day

Reply to fozy
Posted by: Tanya | 2009-02-02

sorry forgot to add....Try and eat your dinner before 8pm in the evenings, i know sometimes its difficult but i try and eat by 6:30pm, makes a huge difference.

Reply to Tanya
Posted by: Tanya | 2009-02-02

you are doing fine!!! you wont notice a difference on the scale right now but in time you will see quite a big drop, dont worry too much, i am also using the product and have lost 4kg' s in just over a month. the scale also stood still for the first two weeks. Scales are not a great way to determine your weight loss, i suggest you just carry on and dont give up no matter what, you will soon see that you have lost quite a bit. Also remember that healthy weight loss is about 1kg per month. herbalife is a fantastic product. Once you have reached your goal weight remember to maintain your weight by only have one shake per day! you will keep the weight off, i promise. good luck

Reply to Tanya