Posted by: sasha | 2009-06-16

RE: forgetting a painful past

I was in a really abusive relationship that ended about one and a half years ago.
By abusive i mean emotionally abusive.
I am currently struggling with the feelings of inadequacy and blame in that i really wonder why the abuse was done to me.
Further, i am struggling with the thoughts of this person i used to date and what he did in exact.
I really do not know what to do considering that i feel as if this is turning into an obsessive thought i cant even sleep peacefully.
How do i forget and move past all this feelings and memories?

If you have not managed to achieve this all on your own, you would be helped by seeing a practical counsellor / therapist of the Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) variety, who can help you deal with these unwelcome and unhelpful automatic thoughts and responses. And remember --- abusers abuse whoever they can exert power over, and you were available --- mit is NOT your fault.