Question
Posted by: Candy | 2010/06/29

RE: food intolerance

Dear Dr. Bets

The tests performed for the gluten etc were inaccurate according to me as they were all negative. They were for food allergies not intolerance and I think they were inconclusive.

I am now for 2 weeks going to cut out the 2 main culprits regarding food intolerance i.e. wheat and dairy as from today.

Do you think it will also be wise for me to see a dietician that does that computerised sensitivity tests for food, etc? I wonder if the medical will pay for that as it is almost R500 I heard.

I spoke to somebody that also had the blood tests done and when she went for the sensitivity test she was intolerant to a list of things including chutney and alcohol. I am fed up now by this time as I wake up with water retention everyday now.

I also stopped taking " the pill"  more than a month ago as it gives me terrible migraines, so at leat the headaches are almost gone. I am still awaiting my monthly period though. How long does it take for one''s hormones to sort themselves out when stop taking the pill?

Hallo Candy
I honestly don't know how sensitive the test is that the dieticians do and what they use, but see
http://www.allergysa.org/pdfs/intolerance_tests.pdf

I think cutting out the wheat and dairy for 2 weeks is a good idea. When you start introducing it back into your diet, start with one at a time and introduce it slowly.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/29

Hallo Candy