Posted by: Folic | 2009-03-31

Re: Folliculitis

Hi again Dr Bets

Thank you for your response of yesterday. I pasted it below just to remind you what it was all about.

I am using a loofah, quite interestingly. This must be the cause then. Why is this bad Dr Bets?

I will try the Stopitch too, thank you.

Dear Folic
Try something like Stopitch cream on the area. If you are using a Loofah - throw it away! Ensure that you use a new blade if you shave the legs.

Dear Dr Bets

About a month and a half ago I developed folliculitis on my upper legs after I trimmed the hair with a body trimmer. It was very red and bumpy. The GP gave me cortisone cream and celestamine tablets, whereafter it took about 3 weeks to clear up. Now, quite long after, I am getting it lightly again, and I don'  t think it has ever been gone completely. It is not as red as it used to be, but it is still slightly bumpy.

What can I do to cure this?

Please give me some suggestions.

Thank you.

Dear Folic
The loofah harbours the germs that cause this, because it stays wet for a long time! Rather use the body scrub gloves you can buy at Clicks, it dries out quicker.