Posted by: Garfield | 2009-08-21

Re: flying &  antidpressants

Ha ha CS - I smirked at your comment about some of the psychos in office! So True!

Just to add that pilots have frequent medicals and the antidepro meds can be picked up in the blood or urine tests (not sure of the details?). There is a very recent case of a very senior ranked pilot in a top SA airline who was fired for taking anti dep meds as they are not allowed with commercial pilots!

I know! Ridiculous, and I so agree with your sentiment on it being backward.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, will attempt broaching couples counselling with him. I know this sounds as if I don' t do anything wrong, and I am really not saying this as I know I am far from perfect ... but regardless, I feel that his temper tantrums and nastiness is something he has to work on and seek help for or else be determined to sort it out. Is t wrong for me to think that if he is not determined of his own accord to sort out something which even he had admitts is destructive and through nothing I am doing, then I should think twice about marrying someone that cant be bothered to sort it out for ' the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with'  (his words)?

Sorry, guess that was a rant, just feeling a bit bitter about it I guess and tred of putting in all the effort for someone that seems unwilling to do the same for a problem he s causing.

Thanks again CS!

P.S. Sending peace and happiness your way ... it seems to be a rare commodity indeed nowadays :-)

Ech, this is the place for Your Daily Smirk.
One wouln't usually look for antideps in routine blood tests, but I suppose they could look if they wanted to. Comi ng on the day when we find more than hald the pilots in the SA airforce dont exist ( only half the posts are filled ), if they knock off anyone on normal meds, they could just stop flying. Next Presidential Inaugiration, they might not manage a fly-past, just a couple of microlites benin towed behind a bicycle.
Of course you do "something wrong", or you'd be insufferably boring. Relieved to hear it.
Your argument in favour of expecting him to want to sort this out is alarmingly sensible.
Thanks for the transmissions --- hapilly received !