RE: Female sterilisation

Please assist with some info. I am a 31 yr old woman, in a committed relationship, I have a 5 yr old son from a previous relationship and my boyfriend has 2 daughters aged 7 and 2 also from previous relationships. I do not want another child - of this I am certain. My boyfriend does not want another child either. He is 41. I would like to be sterilised, but I am unsure of what this involves. I am currently on the injection which I cannot envision doing for the next 20 years. Please point me in the right direction where I can gather more info? Thanks

This is a small procedure usually done via laparoscopy where clips are applied to the tubes to close them.