Posted by: mommy love | 2009-04-29

re establishing breast milk supply

I have a baby who will be six months old in ht next week, i breast fed him for the four months, and he stayed with my parents for two months, I woudl like to re establish breast feeding as he wants to latch everytime he sees my breasts, he tries to suck and I get a bit of water coming out, will this be possible and how? I am also on Microval, would I just continue with this contraceptive?

It is difficult to restablish once you have stopped. You can try taking Brewer's yeast and letting him suck to stimulate milk flow, but this may not work. Microval can be continued while breastfeeding.

Posted by: Shamie | 2009-05-10

I' m taking microval for 2 months now and I now produce produce very little breast milk. What other contraceptive can I use if I still want to breast feed?

Reply to Shamie