Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2010/04/14

Re: -|- er Spaniel - Lipfold Pyoderma

I have a female -|- er spaniel (6 years) that has recurring lipfold pyoderma. The poor girl has been for 2 ops within the space of 1 1/2 years to cut away the excess skin BUT within a few months it just returns. The odour from the mouth is just awful and it certainly isn''t nice for me or her I''m sure! She use to be on antibiotics, then she had the 2 operations and now 5 months later...it''s back. She has been back to the same vet ever since it started and I''m just not sure if I should try another vet or not! Please give me some suggestions, I am at my wits end...

Dear Michelle

I would go for a second opinion.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/16

Dear Michelle

I would go for a second opinion.

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: joe | 2010/04/14

Need some swobs/samples of skin to send in for testing - what is problem/bacteria/ etc and what is ideal drug to use? If you are not comfortable with your Vet, look for another - when in doubt, move. Some pyoderma''s need specific drugs, and also for a,longer period at the correct dosages - sometimes cheap drugs are used and the dosage not high enough - hence problems.

Reply to joe