Question
Posted by: Desperate Girlfriend | 2008/07/21

RE: Engagement Yes or No

I have a problem. I met a guy about 2 months ago and we started dating and whatever the case may be. He only visits at my house and never wants to take me out as he says a womans place is at home. That is fine and well i am a 27 year old working professional and he is 32. He never wants to go out and always wants to sit at my place. This has happened on the four dates we have had in 2 months. Anyway we have spoken about many things and the family do like him. What i made a mistake of telling him is that i have sold property and i am getting a certain amount of money and therefore now he is very eager. He says that he is not married but living with a woman 10 years older than him and there is a child in the house. He also believes that when he wants to go out he does not have to tell me at all and can do what he wants.

He has now decided to apparently get a flat nearer to me so that we can be together. He has told me all his badnessess and all but on weekends the phone is off and i can' t get hold of him at all. We spoke about spending more time together and all and he said that he would like to move in with me and my family and i said that is not possible. Anyway here to long there too short eventually the lies have come about there being a child and that he was involved with this woman he is living with. Recently last week he said that we should start combining our incomes and have joint bank accounts and things like that. I said that will never happen if i am married one day. I said i would like to be engaged and so on but once i am 30 then i might look at it. He also agreed and said that once he reaches 34 he wants to be married. I have tried ending it on several occassions because if he can cheat on somebody with me what is going to stop him about cheating on me. Last week when he was at my place he got a phone call and had to leave because he had to meet another woman for an apparent business meeting at 6 at night. He said her and her friends were going to meet him with his friends and himself. I asked why i could not be taken with and he said no because its business, i believe it was a lie. He did leave and then come back. Last night he phones and says that he thinks we should get engaged as soon as possible because he has discussed me with the family and he thinks its a good idea.

Please can somebody shed there opinion on this????

,,,,,

7
Posted by: Zola | 2008/07/21

I vote " No" 

Reply to Zola
Posted by: anon | 2008/07/21

This guy is trouble i9f u ask me......get oout while u can girl!!!!

Reply to anon
Posted by: M... | 2008/07/21

Run! Two months is too early for all this to be happening. You deserve better than him. The person who deserves you will come along, deep down you know that he is not that person. Why is it that when a woman meets a man, she suddenly forgets her worth and has doubts? You come first and must protect yourself, your heart in every way. And please, next time never discuss money, etc with someone you' ve just met.

Reply to M...
Posted by: Curious | 2008/07/21

I fully agree with all the above. I also don' t like the bit about a woman' s place is in the home -( bare foot and pregnant in the kitchen?) He doesn' t sound like much and will be off the minute a richer woman comes along. Drop him quick.

Reply to Curious

This man is interested only in your money. He is using you. Get rid of him very quickly because as soon as he has his hands on your money, you will never hear from him ever again.

Posted by: Chick | 2008/07/21

As you said yourself.... he was more eager to get serious when he heard bout da money..... and I think it is all about the money.

By the way have you heard of STD' s? I would get myself tested if I were u.

N pleez leave his sorry behind cos he is def a GOLDDIGGER. Probably gonna use your money to support his " wife n kid" 

Reply to Chick
Posted by: xxx | 2008/07/21

all i can say is " stupid girl!"  wake up.. why are u with someone that has someone else. dump this loser.

Reply to xxx