Question
Posted by: Anne | 2008/10/28

Re. e-mail 15/09/2008 - PCOS

I' ve send an e-mail on 15/09/2008 regarding PCOS. When I wrote the e-mail I didn' t have my period for about a year. I used meds for 2 months to get my periods but after the 3rd month it actually started by itself. Could this be an indication that things are going back to normal. The last time I had a day 21 test my hormone levels were normal.

Thank you!

Dear Anne

This is a possible indication that your menstrual cycle is getting back to normal, especially if your day 21 progesterone test was normal. I suggest you monitor the next few months and see if your cycles are normal. If however you start missing menstrual periods again then the chances of ovulation not occurring may still be possible.

Answered by: Dr. Y. M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Cindy | 2008/10/29

If you are now getting your cycle on your own, then it is a good sign, and even more so as you say your hormone levels are normal.

I have PCOS and I am unable to have a cycle naturally. I got my period in December after a year and it was a very heavy one. I then got my cycle in Jan, Feb. My March cycle lasted 2 mths. I was in terrible pain and had to take meds to stop the bleeding and got put on the pill for 4 mths. I am off the pill for the past 2 mths, but no period.

Monitor your periods and go for a check up in the next few mths, even if you continue with cycles.

Don' t take PCOS lightly.

Reply to Cindy