Question
Posted by: Anonymouse | 2012/05/24

Re: Difficult colleague

Just found out he is personal friends with our HR person, so I will not even attempt that.

Then maybe one ought to complain directly to the manager, that the HR person is behaving unprofessionally, by favouring and ignoring bad behaviour by someone simply because they are his friend.

3
Posted by: Hanabi | 2012/06/12

I don''t know where you got your figures, but as smonoee who has had private medical insurance and now am on Medicare, private does much better. Yes, it is higher priced, but Medicare is far from being free either. We pay a monthly premium for it that totally exceeds $150 a month each and the coverage is horrible. I used to be part of an employer based plan where I paid less than that, and got excellent coverage. The only thing I ever had to pay was a small co pay for doctor and prescriptions.I think the best plans are those offered by employers because they are group plans. Medicare SHOULD BE the largest group plan but the group it covers are those who have the biggest health problems so it is a lot of money.Medicare recipients can get better coverage for less money if they take out a private plan where they can become of a group comprised of all ages. That is actually what Obama was attempting to do with the uninsured in the country. The problem is .those uninsured did not have to pay anything for it at all so that only means that the premiums will go up for everyone else to pay for them.I would happily pay my $150 per month to a group plan to get better coverage.

Reply to Hanabi
Posted by: Liza | 2012/05/24

No matter how much this HR person likes this difficult person, if they don''t take action when you lodge a formal grievance, you can sue them for constructive dismissal. No company prefers a constructive dismissal suit to disciplining an employee...

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza