Question
Posted by: Vanessa Knoetze | 2011/06/01

RE: CYSTS &  SMOKING

Goodday. My sister has been sufferring with cysts the last couple of years. Has had a hysterectomy 2002 and had her left ovary removed October 2010 as a result of a huge cyst that was attached. She still has cysts that keep coming back pills do not dissolve. Doctor has informed her that if she stops smoking the cysts will go away and that smoking is the cause of her cysts. Please could you advise me whether this is indeed so. Can smoking increase chances for cysts?

I am not sure that stopping smoking will sort out the problem, but there are obviously lots of health benefits to not smoking.

1