Question
Posted by: Niki | 2008/12/10

RE: Cyst

I have just learned that i have a cyst next to my womb, the doc say its bigger then my womb tomorrow i am going to hospital to take it out, will it have any effect on me falling pregnant and whats the chances of it growing back. is there anything i can use to prevent it from growing again.

Dear Niki
There is not much you can do to prevent this, it is often caused by hormonal imbalances ( can be thyroid or female hormones) It won't affect your fertility if it is just a normal ovarian cyst. Taking oral contraceptives decreases the risk of developing ovarian cysts.