Posted by: Pinks | 2009-03-26

Re: Cuts

Hi Doc,

I wonder if you could please be of assistance. During a very emotional and depressive stage in my life last year november i started cutting my arms with blades. This is on the top of my arm. There is several deep cuts. Although they have healed now they look wilted, the other day it looked like there was blood seeping in underneath them as they look reddish purple. Please could you perhaps assist and tell me what to do in this regard... thanks.

Dear Pinks
The lesions could probably be treated by laser by a dermatologist. You could also try tissue oil or special scar plasters (Hansaplast) that are available at pharmacies.
If ever you feel like this again - you need proper medical treatment with antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs as soon as possible. These feelings tend to recur, don't wait until you feel really bad before seeking help!