Question
Posted by: meg | 2011/03/29

RE: Conceiving second cycle after a d &  C (miscarriage)

Good Morning
I had to have a D &  C due to a miscarriage (7 weeks) on the 28 Jan. Exactly 28 later my period came. 2 weeks later at my 6 week check up my gynae told me that my follicle was mature and the biggest ready to pop in the next few days (19.25mm). On 2 days after my visit I had all my ovulation symptoms (mittelsmerchz, lower back ache and EWCM XXX). Needless to say I had intercourse everyday from 4 days before and one day after. My period was due yesterday (being 28 days) and no sign of it arriving other than being bloated (which i have been for the past 2 weeks) and my nioples are senstive-ish. I feel nothing like I did when I was pregnant last time (I had excriciating nipples from day dot all through) and every symptom in the book. I know I am becoming obsessive and everyone says relax but whn you are so DESPERATE for a baby to love and nurture, its not that easy! My question...is it common for your second period to be late after a D &  C (D& C straight forward &  at 6 wk check up everything perfect) and does your cycle always come 14/15 days after the day you ovulated if your last cycle was 28 days and cycles before Mc also 28 days! SO badly don''t want to get my hopes up!  ( Thanks

On balance, if your period has not started , pregnancy is likely. It doesn't really matter what the statistics are. And the only way to know is to do a pregnancy test.

4
Posted by: Meg | 2011/04/01

Thanks Gynae Dr. On day 32, and it is still not here, I''ll give it a few more days! xx

Reply to Meg
Posted by: Meg | 2011/04/01

Reply to Meg
Posted by: Meg | 2011/04/01

Reply to Meg