Question
Posted by: ohdear | 2011/11/02

re Christmas and family

My husband takes after his father - he is very involved and does more that his share with chores and the kids, so I cannot complain at all. Its just his insistence that his parents stay with us, even though they don''''t want to. He says its a ''''disgrace'''' to have you family stay in guest accommodation...

I they don't want to stay with you ( for whatever reason ) and you don't want them to stay with you ( for whatever reason ) why is he so insistant on them staying ? WHo, apart from him, would consider it disgraceful for them to stay in pleasant guest accomodation ? It may feel crowded and intrusive for you when they're with you, but it may also feel the same for them, as they can have no alone time. Talk with him, and suggest he just try it this way this Christmas and see how you all feel about it.

1