Question
Posted by: Whatnow | 2008/11/26

RE: Chlamydia infection

Hi Dr Bets

I refer to my post re Chlamydia earlier today.

I was prescribed Doxycyl 100mg twice a day as well as Ciploxx 250mg twice a day.

I read up on Doxycyl and according to the information I could gather this is not only a family of the Tetracyclines, but in fact IS a Tetracycline. Is this correct? Does this not mean that I cannot take it with Oratane?

Will the Ciploxx on its own kill the infection without the Doxycyl?

Thank you.

Dear Whatnow
Dont take the Doxycyl - it is a tetracycline and should not be used with Oratane. You can use the Ciploxx alone but need to use it for 7-10 days then