Posted by: lisa | 2009-04-17

re: cat-scratch disease

hi doctor bets

they think i have cat-scratch because i have 7 cats and get scratched alot and i' ve been having headaches. i' ve also been getting a rash on and off for the last 2 weeks, but that seems to have gone since i started antibiotics. they' ve done other tests, im not sure which ones exactly, but those came back normal. they also did a catscan and that was normal too.
i dont really have any swollen glands. i do however have tonsilitis. so at first they thought my eye and tonsilitis were somehow linked.
so now im really really confused.
they wanted to put me on steroids. and now im thinking the steroids might have been a better idea.
im really scared that if its not cat-scratch and im taking this ciploxx for nothing, my eye is going to get more damaged with the waiting-and-seeing. my doctor already told me with all the fluid in my eye, it could cause scaring and my sight may never be the same again.
i really dont know what to think or do!

As I am unable to examine you and do not know your medical history, it is very difficult to make a diagnosis. If you are not currently consulting a specialist, I suggest that you make an appointment with an internal specialist, to have a proper diagnosis made and to begin the correct treatment.

Posted by: lisa | 2009-04-18

by the way, i must also just add, that when you get cat-scratch you supposed to normally (or always?) have a blister type thing on the scratch, and i have one of those, BUT, this one i got late last year. it gets itchy sometimes still. dont know if that counts for anything.

Reply to lisa
Posted by: lisa | 2009-04-18

hi there cat lady

i went to a specialist and he was the one that sent me to the hospital, where about 8 different doctors (no jokes!) took a look at me. so really, i have no idea whats happening now. i go back for a check-up on tuesday, and then am just waiting for my results!

Reply to lisa
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009-04-18

I have 14 cats and 5 dogs and have been bitten by cats quite frequently. Twice only I developed poisoning because my hand swelled up tremendously and so did my glands under the arm pit. And yes, I did go my my doctor who gave me antibitotics and a rabies shot without further probelms. (Cat was very scared and hence climbd into me). I also worked as a volunteer at the SPCA and got plenty of scratches there from the cats (and the dogs).

Your story sounds very strange to me. I mean I have no doubt you are suffering but if I were you I would go to a specialist physician for a thorough checkup.

Good luck.

Reply to Cat Lady