Posted by: lisa | 2009-04-30

re: cat-scratch

Hi Dr Bets!

Well, I went for my follow up again today. Sigh, still no blood result back for the cat-scratch. Its starting to annoy me! But my sight is still definately getting slightly better, so lets just hope it keeps on, even if it takes 6months to a year which i heard it can!! Been on the ciploxx for 2 weeks now, have just gotten a prescription for another 2 weeks.
Next follow-up is in 2 weeks. Will let you know if I get the result back! (lets hope so!!)
Have a nice long weekend!

Hi Lisa
Well glad to hear that it is gradually improving. Maybe they sent the sample to a central lab for the testing ( it is a rare test to do ) and this is why it is taking so long. These tests are actually only of academic value as the medication is already working!