Question
Posted by: Maki | 2012/02/17

RE: Can I fall pregnant naturally

I am 39 and have a 3yrs son concieved through IVF after i was told I have endometriosis. I would love to have another child. Can I still fell pregnant naturally or should I just go for another IVF again. I have already tried a few after my son''s bitrh in 2010 and 2011 with no luck. Please advice.

Dear Maki

The chances of success will depend on whether your tubes are patent or not and whether the endometriosis contributed in a significant manner to your fertility problem. It is known that endometriosis regresses or gets better after a pregnancy but will recur subsequently after a period of time and therefore may well be contributing to your fertility problem at the moment. However i would recommend that you visit your gynecologist to have yourself re-evaluated and to decide whether in-virto fertilization is the best option. It is also significant to note that your age is advancing and this by itself may make it more difficult to conceive.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/02/28

Dear Maki

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Cruise | 2012/02/24

Hi Maki, your post gives me hope. What stage was your endo? Mine is on stage 4 and it is so good to hear that someone with endo conceived. My darling I dont know if naturally is possible but I think another IVF will give you more miracles. Did you have an laparotomy?

Reply to Cruise