Question
Posted by: Tisha | 2012/02/09

re bloating post

Yikes Doc, you''ve just ruled out my entire diet just about! I didn''t know all those things can irritate the bowel so much, I only knew about the cruciferous veggies (is that the right word). But thank you so much for the advice, no more of that stuff between now and the party. Next week I''ll go see a GP to rule out IBS, I hope the testing is not too invasive. Thanks again for yr help!

Dear Tisha
I did not mean to put you off all your food, only to list potential culprits. You won't react to all these foods because each patient has an individual reaction - some people with IBS cannot eat wholewheat bread, while others cannot eat white bread. You are correct that the cabbage family are all cruciferous vegetables. Once you have had your birthday party which I do hope you will enjoy and that you will look stunning, you can ask your dr to check if you have IBS. Ask him/her to suggest treatment and also consult a registered dietitian who will help you identify your trigger foods.
Happy Birthday!

1

Dear Tisha
Happy Birthday!