Posted by: ShyGirl | 2009-05-19

Dear Doc
I' m quite desperate at the moment. Ever since I got married,and fell pregnant immediately, i have beensuffering from bladder infections.The drs have told me that it will go away after i' ve given birth. its been almost 4yrs later, and Im still getting regular infections. Usually a day after having sex, i feel the burning sensation, and the urge to urinate more often. I go up to 6 times at nite. The only thing that usually works is an antibiotic. I dont want to use too many antibiotics. Could it be the following?! My hubby has a " curved"  penis, and i can feel it penetrating my bladder. Could this be the cause of all the infections i' ve been having?? Please help!!!!

Sex can cause bladder irritation and infections. One way to avoid this is to empty your bladder immediately before and after sex. You could also try drinking cranberry juice.