Posted by: Zia | 2011-07-22

Re: Back ache 19/7/11

Went to my doc. Had a pelvic examination. Doc asked me if I had a full hysterectomy or partial (meaning part of my uteris is still there). I told him it was a full hysterectomy. He said it seems I have a prolapse. He also said I have an enlarged ovary which is probably whats causing the back ache. I have to have a sonar/ultrasound. What do you think has prolapsed? My previous post below:

I wake up at night with terrible back ache. It is mostly on the right side around the flank area. I sleep on that side. I normally try to turn on my other side. I also find that I frequent thje toilet a lot at night. I never needed to go to the toilet during the night before my hysterectomy (4yrs ago). I still drink the same amount at night which is normally 1 cup of tea. I have also been suffering with a little bit of pelvic pain off and on. What could be wrong?

I think your doctor might be referring to a vaginal vault prolapse. This usually happens due to the collapse of the roof of the vagina after a hysterectomy. You will have to reconsult your doctor for an evaluation and the possible correction with surgery.