Question
Posted by: Edge | 2012/09/12

re: Anxious and Depressed

I have been seeing my psychiatrist for a few years, and I have a problem with new people, so that is why i am afraid of changing docs. At the time i stopped the medication i did contact the doctors rooms and left numerous messages, i think i made it clear that it was important , but maybe the person taking th message didnt think so, i don''t know. Now when i phoned for the app in oct i didnt even bother saying i thought it was important or whatever, i felt why bother at all. I feel a whole lot of things between fear and anger, confusion, apathy etc. So i dont actually know what or how to do things from here. My head hurts, my body hurts, I hurt. Is there anything in the meantime that i can do.

OK, I understand. But don't fel afraid of changing docs - any good psychiatrist or psychologist should be skilled at helping you to feel relaxed, and at understanding yo0ur problems, and sopmetimes a fresh viewpoint helps to gain understanding of your problems and how they might best be dealt with. Dont give up or feel hopeless - sometimes it takes a bit of adjusting and trying different approaches to find what treatment helps you most.
Maybe you need a milder med to calm things a little until you see your psychiatrist ( and then DO discuss with him how he wants you to handle this sort of situation when its not always easy to get hold of him. See what advice he can give you about that.
And meantime, how about your GP, who should know the background and should have received information from your Psych about how you are being treated - he may be able to give you something temporarily to help you to feel better until your October appointment.

1