Question
Posted by: huss | 2010/03/01

re: after gall bladder surgery

doc.

i had an open surgery to remove my gall bladder 2 weeks later a small part of the wound opend up. its around 2.5 - 3inch deep my surgeon told me it will heal by itself and gave me antibiotics. i dress the wound daily so far i havnt seen any changes please advise.

huss

EXPERT''S REPLY
Subject:
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 26/2/2010
Hallo Huss
As long as the opening does not drain pus or a lot of clear yellow fluid, it will probably close up by itself. See if you can''t find a wound clinic or a sister at a pharmacy near you to manage the wound for you. Be careful not to use too strong antiseptics or peroxide as it damages new tissue, delaying healing. Take vit C supplements daily.
DR Bets

hello doc,

the wound started draining alot of this yellow liquid. my doc squeezes the wound to see if there is any drainage this time it burst out a heavy yellow liquid (not clear liquid). he then opened it up dressed it. Up to know the drainage has reduced but no healing yet am i supposed to be worried. (the liquid that comes out worries me). i use garbacin gauze to stuff the wound and betadine to clean...please advise.
thank you for your time

huss.

Hallo Huss
It also worries me as it sounds as if it made an abcess, and if so, it needs to be irrigated daily with something like saline. Could you find a wound clinic near your home yet? Blocking it up with gauze may delay healing as it keeps the pus inside.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/03/01

Hallo Huss

Reply to cyberdoc