Posted by: Cat | 2009-09-28

Re addiction prob

Dear SC

I don' t think I have a real problem as I thought. I spoke to people who knows The Kelly Family and their music and think they are super as well.

I did take your advice and have seen a Shrink..... he says it' s normal for me in this staged of my live ( broke up with my Bf few months back) to attach my feelings to something I find comfort in. He says it will pass with time. He says I' m in the " in love phase"  with this band and I must try listening to other music as well. Don' t know will see how this works out. :o)

I have no doubt that they do what they do, well, and that they have a large number of fans who truly enjoy their music. The criterion we shrinks use to decide whether something deserves treatment is one of proportion and whether it interferes with your freedom to enjoy other basic aspects of life, both at work and at home. I agre with your shrink that given the background not clear from your earlier messages, that you recently broke up with a bf and are feeling a natural need for something / someone to love, your maybe excesive attachment to this one group makes more sense, and is likely to change. It's not that they are likely to become meaningless to you, but just as in an emotional inter-personal relaionship, it's wise not to put all your eggs in one basket, as it were. So it would be a good idea for you, while fully enjoying everything this particular group has to offer, to also try not to be too exclusive, and to also listen to other performers and other music, so as to broaden the range of music that can bring you joy.

Posted by: Cat | 2009-09-29

Been doing that and I feel a slight amount of relieve from knowing that it will get better with time. I will be seeing my Shrink again soon for some feedback.

Reply to Cat