Question
Posted by: C_T | 2009-09-23

RE: Addicted To the SHRINK

I will never post here again, you gave me -|- oll help, you just stated the obvious. Do you think I like not been able to live my life without this addiction. I know it' s irrational but I can' t stop how I feel. I tried real hard today, but it' s like the music feeds my soul.
Why dont you first listen to some of the music on Youtube and then tell me to just stop listening to them.... " An Angel"  and " Roses are red" .

Good grief ! What a response ! Sometimes the obvious is something you need to think of, rather than to reject it out of hand. If this is an addiction ( and your response strongly suggests it may be ) then there is no simple answer anyone can give you on-line, and you seriously ought to see a good local psychiatrist for assessment and a discussion of treatment options. This sounds as though there is a degree of obsessive compulsive disorder, because both the degree of your obsession with this very average pop group ( dont get furious with me, this is how 99 % of the population of the world would see them, if they see them at all ), and wioth your outrage when anyone questions them. You recognize that this is irrational, and thus it would be highly distressing for you.
I apologise if I upset you so much ( though sometimes some degree of upset is necessary ) --- and perhaps I was being a bit snobbish about the group you have become so attached to. It would actually, be sad if someone felt to driven to consume Wagner or the Beatles, too, but they would at least seem more likely to last the centuries than The Smiths ( who, I'm willing to bet ) will be forgotten in a decade or two, as will Clayderman, Rieu, Josh Groban, and many other profitable fads.
We all need music that feeds our soul. We ae lucky if we are open to refreshment and challenge from a great many musicians and types of music, rather than so exclusively attaching to one source of such comfort.
Do see a good shrink, who I hope will despect your distress ( as I assure you I do ) and will work with you to free yourslf from this obsession, so you can both need soul feeds a bit less desperately, and to find a wider range of sources of such comfort.

2
Posted by: Cat | 2009-09-24

I apologise for coming on so strong. I will see someone who can help. Yesterday was a tough day, but today is a little better. Thanks for your interest, I do appreciate. :o]

Reply to Cat
Posted by: Anon. | 2009-09-23

Hi Cat- I read your last post and CS' s response and I don' t see the problem. Isn' t it a wake up call that someone says you need to stop obsession and get other interests? He didn' t state the obvious- he was giving you an answer. Maybe he didn' t tell you step by step how to go about it but it was a start. This is a free site and if you want other advice go pay for it but if people don' t tell you what you want to hear don' t get stroppy.

Reply to Anon.