Posted by: Mandy | 2012-06-30

RE 926 low blood sugar

I am a bit overweight but not very much. I do yoga once a week. I am trying to follow a low GI diet and have cut out bread (sometimes have a slice of low GI or wholewheat). I eat mid morning at work then lunch and a snack in the afternoon like some dried fruit or a jungle oats health bar. I usually get the symptoms late afternoon say 4 - 5 pm. If I quickly eat something I feel even worse for a short while afterwards and then Im ok
I had my blood glucose tested today - 3.7
We have a history of diabetes in the family - I know low blood sugar is the opposite but I am still worried that if I have a problem and dont watch it, it could go the other way eventually
I do not take any medication but I take spirulina every day and cranberry tablets every other day

I suggest that you consult your doctor for blood tests to rule insulin resistance diabetes out, as well as the possibility of metabolic syndrome. Try to eat six small meals per day. You should also do at least 45 minutes of cardiovascular exercise, three times a week.