Question
Posted by: MPC | 2010-09-22

Re: 238

See dr forgot to answer my question:

Hi Doc,

I have a pekenise puppy of 12 weeks. He was taken for his 6 week injection and dewormed. After 2 weeks he was dewormed again. Because he have a major worm problem.
But my BIG problem is, he eats his own poo, it is disgusting I know but he does and he eats everything. What can I do about this, I only give him Pedigree dogfood the pellets as well as the soft packets of meat. I also give him a Bob Martin Conditioning tablet every morning. Is he just a naughty little dog or is there a possibility that there is a vitamin shortage in his body.

Thank You

Hi MPC

Coprophagia is very common in dogs and it is most likely a normal behaviour. I would advise that you remove all faecal material once passed. You can also try giving pineapple juice or meat tenderiser as this may help to curtail this behaviour.
As long as you are feeding a well balance diet be it home made or commercial then Ido not think there is a requirement for vitamins.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-09-23

Hi MPC

Reply to CyberVet