Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/06/02

re 1256

No we never had an affair. What I meant was that the initial attraction was a meeting of minds - an unbelievably intuitive and intellectual connection. The physical attraction came later but we never acted upon it, circumstances prohibited it. My husband and I have a very different type of connection - he does not think like that, he does not have the same sensitivity, etc. I guess we can love different things in different people? I just think that connections like that come along once in a lifetime but sadly they are not always meant to be.

OK, it sounded diferent, but you were speaking of first emotional and then physical attraction, never actually acted upon. Surely, we can indeed like, respect, and even love different qualities in different people. Maybe this episode has clarified for you that there are other aspects to a relaionship which you enjoy - can you find some of that within your mariage, with assistance ? Could you find some of it in platonic friends ?

1