Posted by: F. | 2008-11-21

R.B.C / W.B.C

A urine test showed R.B.C. 8 - 10 /HPF and W.B.C. 12-15/HPF. One week later, of which the last two days on antibiotics, the test showed R.B.C. 0-1/HPF and W.B.C. 6-8/HPF. What I' d like to know is what is normal for a 7-year-old girl? Should there be any R.B.C. or W.B.C. in the urine or not? What does it indicate? Also, what are " epithelial cells' ? It says 3-4/HPF. I' d like to be able to understand a little of these tests.

Thank you for visiting

It is normal to have small amounts of these cells in your urine, no matter what the person's age is but R.B.C (red blood cells) should preferably not be present. Therefore, I suggest that a repeat urine MC&S is done in a month's time. Epithelial cells are normally present in urine, as they are excreted from the bladder wall. Please advise if a bacterial count was done as well, as this will give an idea of what type of infection she had and if it has been treated sufficiently.

Kind regards

Posted by: Armelyn | 2016-07-06

My wbc result in urine test is 6-8 is it normal or not ..thank you

Reply to Armelyn
Posted by: raviteja | 2015-11-07

my father got wbc s 8-10 hpf in urine test suggest me to control the wbc count in urine is there any treatment for thid

Reply to raviteja
Posted by: sruthy premanand | 2015-03-25

i have rbc in urine is 12-15 and pus cells in urine is 3-5. and albumin trace in urine. Is this any disease symptoms? Please tel me fast sir.

Reply to sruthy premanand