Question
Posted by: Zee | 2008/10/03

RAZOR BUMPS ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD

I would like to get an advice on how to get the treatment on the bumps that have developed at the back of the head possibly due to hair shaving. I am of the African descent and uses an electric slipper for hair removal. I once consulted a pharmacist who gave me a product called " Bump Patrol"  and did not help.

Dear Zee

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

You are suffering from folliculitis, which is caused by an infection of the hair follicles. I recommend that you consult a GP for a prescription for Doxytab (antibiotics). You also have to apply Bactroban topical cream, twice daily to the affected area.

Also sterilise the clipper with warm water and Savlon before shaving your hair.

Kind regards